Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- 'Anything that was breathing was killed': War crimes in Leer and Mayendit
- Atrocity Alert No. 123, 19 September 2018: South Sudan, Burundi and Myanmar (Burma)
- Secretary-General calls revitalized agreement to resolve conflict in South Sudan ‘a positive and significant development’
- Briefing Security Council on Abyei, Under-Secretary-General Underlines Positive Developments in Sudan, South Sudan Relations, Details Force Adjustment
- Near Verbatim Transcript - Press Briefing by SRSG David Shearer - 19 September 2018
Baptists have joined other Christian groups to end fighting in South Sudan.
Edward Dima, president of the Baptist Convention of South Sudan told the Baptist World Alliance (BWA) that church and community leaders met several times in October with an aim to bring conflicts in the northeastern African country to an end.
Tens of thousands of South Sudanese have been displaced by nine months of civil war in the states of Unity, Jonglei and Upper Nile, and in Juba, the capital. Millions more are refugees in bordering countries such as Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia and Sudan.