Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- WFP South Sudan: Food Assistance for Assets, November 2018
- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #232, 9 November 2018
- South Sudan strategizes towards strengthening the health systems to improve the quality and coverage of immunization services
- USG Humanitarian Assistance to South Sudan Crisis (Last Updated: 11/09/18)
- Violations and Abuses Against Civilians in Gbudue and Tambura States (Western Equatoria), April-August 2018
Tim Irwin, a Canadian from Montreal, is serving as United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees' (UNHCR) communications officer based in Juba, South Sudan. CIDA provides funding to the UNHCR—responsible for leading and coordinating international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Here is his report from the field:
ROME — Canada's leadership on food security and nutrition is contributing to the reduction of poverty, hunger, and malnutrition in developing countries. The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, participated today in a round table in Rome to discuss global food security and nutrition, and the role of private sector partnerships.
Ottawa, Canada — Today, to mark International Midwives Day, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, announced two new initiatives to support the profession of midwifery as practised by certified midwives, and to promote safe maternity care in communities in South Sudan.
Ottawa―The results of Canada's commitments to developing countries are now easier to access after Canada's Minister of International Cooperation, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, released the Development for Results 2010-2011 report today.
November 18, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario―Today, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, announced 25 new initiatives to further Canada's support to Africa. Minister Oda referenced these projects in a recent speech delivered to African Heads of Missions meeting in Ottawa.