Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: Thousands of men, women and children caught between the frontlines are unable to reach essential food, water and healthcare
- South Sudanese peace talks in Ethiopia extended in the hope warring parties can reach agreement
- South Sudan suffering on ‘almost unimaginable scale’, warns UN relief chief
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 5 | 23 May 2018
- Urgent action needed to prevent famine in South Sudan - OXFAM
29 Groups Urge US to Press for UN Action
More than 30 South Sudanese and international organizations have signed a petition that will be delivered to the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) today, calling for an immediate, comprehensive arms embargo on South Sudan.
The petition argues that an arms embargo is urgently needed to halt the supply of weapons to individuals and groups on all sides who have committed gross violations of human rights, war crimes and crimes against humanity and to protect civilians at grave risk.
Warring parties urged to pull back from the brink as UN resolution deadline looms
The new state of South Sudan must guarantee transparency and accountability in its oil sector in order to demonstrate its commitments to sustainable development and combating corruption, said Global Witness today. The call comes on the eve of the South’s independence from the north on July 9.