Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- South Sudan: UK aid agencies warn that peace will only hold if the voices of all South Sudanese are heard
- 'Anything that was breathing was killed': War crimes in Leer and Mayendit
- A historic peace in Pibor, South Sudan, inspired youth to reconcile their differences
- Secretary-General calls revitalized agreement to resolve conflict in South Sudan ‘a positive and significant development’
- SPLM-IO Liberation Council endorses South Sudan revitalized peace agreement
N’Djamena, 1 juin 2017 – Le Système des Nations Unies, l'Institut International de la Paix (IPI) et le Département fédéral des affaires étrangères de la Confédération suisse (DFAE), ont organisé une rencontre de haut niveau sur le thème : « Investir dans la Paix et la Prévention de la Violence au Sahel-Sahara ».
Switzerland has pledged to take direct action to help populations facing starvation, especially in South Sudan. The decision follows a call issued by the United Nations Secretary-General on 22 February 2017. Swiss Humanitarian Aid, a department of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), is to release CHF 15 million from its fund for humanitarian emergencies for countries hit by famine in the beginning of this year.
The European Union Delegation, the Heads of Mission of Denmark, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, The United Kingdom and the Heads of Mission of Canada, Japan, Norway and Switzerland issue the following statement in South Sudan:
The Heads of Mission express their grave concern at the potential consequences of the passing of the non-governmental organisations bill, and the Relief and Rehabilitation Commission bill in Parliament on 2 February.
Interview with Lukas Rüst, a member of the Swiss Humanitarian Aid Unit (SHA) who is working as a protection expert in Maban County, South Sudan on sec