Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: Thousands of men, women and children caught between the frontlines are unable to reach essential food, water and healthcare
- South Sudanese peace talks in Ethiopia extended in the hope warring parties can reach agreement
- South Sudan suffering on ‘almost unimaginable scale’, warns UN relief chief
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 5 | 23 May 2018
- Urgent action needed to prevent famine in South Sudan - OXFAM
In a crisis, the most effective way to distribute relief is to give families cash so they can then spend, as best suits their needs. Research shows that cash assistance can often provide more emergency relief for fewer funds. In the present hunger crisis in parts of Africa and Yemen, cash assistance is saving lives on a daily basis.
The Danish Refugee Council is present in some of the worst hit areas and helps people, who are affected by the escalating ‘four famines’ in Africa and Yemen.
More than 20 million people are facing famine in the crisis currently escalating several places in African and Yemen. This has caused the UN to issue its largest appeal in the organizations history. The Danish Refugee Council is present in many of the worst affected areas and is working extensively to help.
By reviewing existing initiatives, frameworks and commitments in the search of durable solutions in the region, this study conducted by Samuel Hall looks at good practices, challenges and opportunities. The objective is to have a better understanding of the current landscape in order to improve coordination and to inform a learning and capacity development agenda across stakeholders.
Good practices, challenges and opportunities in the search of durable solutions