Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- One year on from famine declaration, more South Sudanese are going hungry
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
In a crisis, the most effective way to distribute relief is to give families cash so they can then spend, as best suits their needs. Research shows that cash assistance can often provide more emergency relief for fewer funds. In the present hunger crisis in parts of Africa and Yemen, cash assistance is saving lives on a daily basis.
The Danish Refugee Council is present in some of the worst hit areas and helps people, who are affected by the escalating ‘four famines’ in Africa and Yemen.
More than 20 million people are facing famine in the crisis currently escalating several places in African and Yemen. This has caused the UN to issue its largest appeal in the organizations history. The Danish Refugee Council is present in many of the worst affected areas and is working extensively to help.
By reviewing existing initiatives, frameworks and commitments in the search of durable solutions in the region, this study conducted by Samuel Hall looks at good practices, challenges and opportunities. The objective is to have a better understanding of the current landscape in order to improve coordination and to inform a learning and capacity development agenda across stakeholders.
Good practices, challenges and opportunities in the search of durable solutions