- Gov't of the Republic of South Sudan.WHO: Cholera Situation and Response Updates, 8 Dec 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMIS)
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
On October 12, 2017, The Chinese Government transferred the third batch of emergency relief rice to the South Sudanese government, which is 60-containers-load rice of 1,500 tons. The Chinese side also handed over 27 containers of non-food items including 3,700 tents, 15,000 pcs of mosquito nets and 30,000 blankets.
The first 2 batches of emergency relief rice with the quantity of 2,750 tons were handed over in August and September of 2017.
Recently, cholera outbreak in South Sudan has been worsening. So far, more than 5,000 cases have been reported with a death toll of over 100.
To express the friendship and support of the Chinese government and its people to the South Sudan government and its people, and to manifest international humanitarian spirit, the Chinese government launched emergency humanitarian relief mechanism to provide cash assistance for the South Sudan and help the South Sudan government cope with the cholera outbreak.
The Chinese government will provide emergency food aid and cash aid worth 353.2 million yuan ($55.28 million) to Ethiopia and other African drought-stricken regions to fight drought, Premier Wen Jiabao made the promise when meeting Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi on August 15, in Beijing.
China announced to provide 90 million yuan ($14 million) of emergency food assistance to countries in the Horn of Africa in late July.