Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January - December 2018
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- South Sudan declares the end of its longest cholera outbreak
- UN considering new base on western bank of Nile to give South Sudanese refugees confidence to return
From March to August 2016, JCCP implemented a project to improve inter-ethnic relations through group vegetable growing; getting together IDPs and host community members to grow vegetables at a school in Juba, South Sudan.
The project site, Gumbo IDP camp, is located on the outskirts of Juba, the capital of South Sudan. The camp currently plays host to 3,500 IDPs, who have fled to the camp to escape domestic conflict zones, particularly those in the northern and southern parts of the country.
JCCP has started a field survey in Juba, the capital city of South Sudan, on 31st March 2014. Researchers will be sent to the field and will do some interview survey and data collection on the economic/social environment, the actual conditions of employment surrounding the youth since the end of last year, and the needs of support for the youth in the future including vocational training. Also note that this survey project will be sponsored by private donors.
On March 20, 2014, JCCP started emergency assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (hereinafter referred as “IDPs”) in the Republic of South Sudan. JCCP is going to support livelihood of IDPs in Juba County and Terekeka County, Central Equatoria State through distribution of non-food item (NFI).. With grants from Japan Platform, this emergency assistance will be carried out until May 17.