Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- One year on from famine declaration, more South Sudanese are going hungry
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
This is a live document and is only intended to display tentative transportation plans, based on the best information available at the time of publication.
It may be revised or updated (without notice) as the situation changes and new information becomes available.
The Logistics Cluster facilitates coordination of the logistics response in support of the humanitarian community. Furthermore, it provides information management products to improve decision-making of humanitarian organisations in South Sudan. Where logistics gaps are identified, the Logistics Cluster, through its lead agency WFP, acts as a ‘provider of last resort’ by offering Common Logistics Services to support the humanitarian community in their response operations.
The Logistics Cluster has set the goal of training 300 logisticians in South Sudan by the end of the year.
The Logistics Cluster facilitated the biggest inter-agency convoy of 2017; 99 vehicles, transporting cargo on behalf of nine organisations, left Juba on 15 December en-route on the Western corridor with multiple final destination points. This corridor is extremely important to the humanitarian community as it provides access to a number of locations and it especially important for dry season prepositioning as it will close almost completely during the rainy season.