Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January - December 2018
- UN considering new base on western bank of Nile to give South Sudanese refugees confidence to return
- South Sudan declares the end of its longest cholera outbreak
- South Sudan: Warring Parties Break Promises on Child Soldiers
- Aid appeals seek over $3 billion as South Sudan set to become Africa’s largest refugee and humanitarian crisis
Scouts are an integral part of the ShelterBox community and have a strong history of working with the disaster relief charity in areas of humanitarian crisis; most recently, the youngest National Scout Organisation collaborated with a ShelterBox Response Team (SRT) in the newest country in the world - South Sudan.
A ShelterBox Response Team (SRT) is travelling to South Sudan on 29 June to discuss the distribution of emergency shelter with other aid agencies, in response to continuing conflict in the African country.
Sudan split into two countries in July 2011 after the people of the south voted for independence. However there are still unresolved issues between Sudan's Khartoum and South Sudan's Juba, including disputes over the border around Abyei; and contestation over oil-rich areas. People have therefore become displaced from their homes.