Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- Accessing South Sudan: Humanitarian Aid in a Time of Crisis
- Book Launch: ‘Casebook on Constitutional Litigation to Advance the Rule of Law in South Sudan’
- 15,000 children without parents or missing, five years after outbreak of fighting in South Sudan
- South Sudan: Food insecurity situation still dire and widespread - IPC Alert, Issue 10, September 2018
Scouts are an integral part of the ShelterBox community and have a strong history of working with the disaster relief charity in areas of humanitarian crisis; most recently, the youngest National Scout Organisation collaborated with a ShelterBox Response Team (SRT) in the newest country in the world - South Sudan.
A ShelterBox Response Team (SRT) is travelling to South Sudan on 29 June to discuss the distribution of emergency shelter with other aid agencies, in response to continuing conflict in the African country.
Sudan split into two countries in July 2011 after the people of the south voted for independence. However there are still unresolved issues between Sudan's Khartoum and South Sudan's Juba, including disputes over the border around Abyei; and contestation over oil-rich areas. People have therefore become displaced from their homes.