Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN SRSG for Sexual Violence in Conflict condemns use of rape as a tactic of war in South Sudan
- 3 in 4 children born in South Sudan since independence have known nothing but war – UNICEF
- UNMISS supports training for a child-free SPLA
- South Sudan: 7 years after independence, humanitarian needs are unprecedented
- Impact of Conflict on Adolescent Girls in South Sudan
This map illustrates expansion of satellite-detected areas of IDPs in the UNMISS base in Bor as seen by the WorldView-2 satellite on 31 December 2013 and 21 April 2014. An area of 4.05 ha was occupied by IDPs on 31 December 2013 then increase to 5.71 ha on 21 April 2014 which represents an increase of approximatively 1.66 ha. This is a preliminary analysis & has not yet been validated in the field. Please send ground feedback to UNITAR / UNOSAT.
This map illustrates satellite-detected areas of destruction in the town of Malakal as seen by the WorldView-1 satellite on 15 March 2014. UNOSAT identified a total of 9,878 destroyed residential and related structures and a total of 204 destroyed warehouse or commercial structures throughout the area analyzed. Comparison with pre-conflict building data for Malakal indicates the 22% of the city has been destroyed.
This map illustrates satellite-detected areas of destruction in the town of Malakal as seen by the WorldView-2 satellite on 18 January 2014. UNOSAT identified a total of 515 destroyed residential and related structures and a total of 58 warehouse or commercial structures were identified throughout the area analyzed, with the heaviest damage in the downtown area and along primary roads bordering the town. In addition, multiple indications of looting are evident in the warehouse area and in residential areas along the southeast edge of town.