- UNICEF: Childhood under attack: The staggering impact of South Sudan’s crisis on children
- REACH: Southern Torit County Displacement and Service Access Brief: Torit County, Eastern Equatoria State, South Sudan, Nov 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMIS)
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) January - December 2018, December 2017
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
On 11 December 2016, UNAMID Pakistani Contingent reached out to internally displaced persons, refugees from South Sudan and prison inmates through free medical camps in El-Daein, East Darfur.
More than 1255 cases were treated at both the Khor Omer camp and the El-Daein Central Prison, said Dr. Captain Ameer Aslam of the Pakistani 4 Battalion Clinic.
El Fasher, 8 May 2016 – As part of his meetings with senior UNAMID officials, state authorities, and the local community, the AU-UN Joint Special Representative, Martin Uhomoibhi, visited Zalingei, Central Darfur, El Geneina, West Darfur; Nyala, South Darfur, El Daein, East Darfur; between 2-6 May 2016.
Khartoum, 28 April 2016
As I conclude my second visit as Independent Expert on the situation of human rights in the Sudan, I would like to first thank all of you for attending this press briefing. I would also like to express my appreciation to the Government of Sudan for its invitation and cooperation with the mandate I represent, the United Nations Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Khartoum, and UNAMID for their kind support to facilitate my visit from 14 to 28 April 2015.
Juba, 16 November 2013 – The AU- UN Joint Special Representative/ Joint Chief Mediator (JSR/JCM) for Darfur, Mohamed Ibn Chambas, visited Juba, South Sudan, from 13 to 16 November where he met with the Vice President of South Sudan, H.E. James Wani Igga, and the Ministers of Foreign Affairs and National Security. He also briefed members of the diplomatic corps and held consultations with the sister mission, UNMISS, aimed at exploring ways of collaboration to enhance the achievement of their respective mandates.
Nyala, 7 November 2011 – An African Union-United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) patrol came under attack yesterday afternoon by unidentified armed persons near Nyala, South Darfur. As a result, one soldier was killed and two other were wounded. All the casualties were from Sierra Leone.
Following the attack, UNAMID peacekeepers conducted a search of the area and apprehended a suspect who was handed over to the Government of Sudan police.
Ibrahim Gambari, Joint Special Representative and head of UNAMID, strongly condemned the attack.