Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
- A ‘silent killer’, maternal and neonatal tetanus, is causing deaths of mothers and newborns across South Sudan
- Humanitarian Coordinator calls for urgent action to avert worsening food crisis in South Sudan
On 11 December 2016, UNAMID Pakistani Contingent reached out to internally displaced persons, refugees from South Sudan and prison inmates through free medical camps in El-Daein, East Darfur.
More than 1255 cases were treated at both the Khor Omer camp and the El-Daein Central Prison, said Dr. Captain Ameer Aslam of the Pakistani 4 Battalion Clinic.
El Fasher, 8 May 2016 – As part of his meetings with senior UNAMID officials, state authorities, and the local community, the AU-UN Joint Special Representative, Martin Uhomoibhi, visited Zalingei, Central Darfur, El Geneina, West Darfur; Nyala, South Darfur, El Daein, East Darfur; between 2-6 May 2016.
Khartoum, 28 April 2016
As I conclude my second visit as Independent Expert on the situation of human rights in the Sudan, I would like to first thank all of you for attending this press briefing. I would also like to express my appreciation to the Government of Sudan for its invitation and cooperation with the mandate I represent, the United Nations Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Khartoum, and UNAMID for their kind support to facilitate my visit from 14 to 28 April 2015.
Juba, 16 November 2013 – The AU- UN Joint Special Representative/ Joint Chief Mediator (JSR/JCM) for Darfur, Mohamed Ibn Chambas, visited Juba, South Sudan, from 13 to 16 November where he met with the Vice President of South Sudan, H.E. James Wani Igga, and the Ministers of Foreign Affairs and National Security. He also briefed members of the diplomatic corps and held consultations with the sister mission, UNMISS, aimed at exploring ways of collaboration to enhance the achievement of their respective mandates.
Nyala, 7 November 2011 – An African Union-United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) patrol came under attack yesterday afternoon by unidentified armed persons near Nyala, South Darfur. As a result, one soldier was killed and two other were wounded. All the casualties were from Sierra Leone.
Following the attack, UNAMID peacekeepers conducted a search of the area and apprehended a suspect who was handed over to the Government of Sudan police.
Ibrahim Gambari, Joint Special Representative and head of UNAMID, strongly condemned the attack.