- UNICEF: Childhood under attack: The staggering impact of South Sudan’s crisis on children
- REACH: Southern Torit County Displacement and Service Access Brief: Torit County, Eastern Equatoria State, South Sudan, Nov 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMIS)
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) January - December 2018, December 2017
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
On July 9, 2011 South Sudan became Africa’s youngest nation. On July 14, the UN General Assembly unanimously voted to admit South Sudan as the 193rd member of the community of nations. Independence followed a referendum where Southern voters opted overwhelmingly for secession from Khartoum. This paper looks at the partition of Africa’s largest country, the challenges facing South Sudan, the unresolved conflicts in Darfur and along the North-South border, and some of the constraints on international efforts to promote peace and stability in the two Sudans.
This policy brief explores challenges to building a peaceful society in South Sudan through education.
It examines existing efforts, identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for how to improve peace, civic and citizenship education in South Sudan.
As South Sudan consolidates its independence, this policy brief analyzes the challenges facing the South Sudan Police Service’s ongoing reform efforts.
This policy brief explores how the South Sudanese diaspora could be mobilized to support strengthening health care delivery in South Sudan.
It outlines opportunities, identifies challenges, and makes recommendations for how to benefit from engaging with the diaspora.