Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- One year on from famine declaration, more South Sudanese are going hungry
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
- A ‘silent killer’, maternal and neonatal tetanus, is causing deaths of mothers and newborns across South Sudan
On July 9, 2011 South Sudan became Africa’s youngest nation. On July 14, the UN General Assembly unanimously voted to admit South Sudan as the 193rd member of the community of nations. Independence followed a referendum where Southern voters opted overwhelmingly for secession from Khartoum. This paper looks at the partition of Africa’s largest country, the challenges facing South Sudan, the unresolved conflicts in Darfur and along the North-South border, and some of the constraints on international efforts to promote peace and stability in the two Sudans.
This policy brief explores challenges to building a peaceful society in South Sudan through education.
It examines existing efforts, identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for how to improve peace, civic and citizenship education in South Sudan.
As South Sudan consolidates its independence, this policy brief analyzes the challenges facing the South Sudan Police Service’s ongoing reform efforts.
This policy brief explores how the South Sudanese diaspora could be mobilized to support strengthening health care delivery in South Sudan.
It outlines opportunities, identifies challenges, and makes recommendations for how to benefit from engaging with the diaspora.