- Gov't of the Republic of South Sudan.WHO: Cholera Situation and Response Updates, 8 Dec 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
National Statement delivered by Ambassador Carl Skau on behalf of Sweden at the United Nations Security Council Briefing on Risk of famine in Yemen, Somalia, South Sudan and northeast Nigeria, 12 October 2017, New York.
Thank You Mr President,
I would like to join you in welcoming the Secretary-General to the Council today for this important meeting, and to thank him for his comprehensive briefing.
12 Feb 2017
Joint statement by Margot Wallström , Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and Leila Zerrougui , Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict
Throughout the world hundreds of thousands of children go to sleep each night, not with their favourite teddy bear or doll beside them, but with a gun.
Published: 2016-06-20 kl. 14:19
Six camps with critical logistical camp support for humanitarian aid workers have been established in South Sudan. The mission required that IHP staff overcame numerous challenges during six months of intensive work. The IHP mission has been conducted in support of IOM’s operations in the country, aimed at establishing light base camps for accommodating humanitarians in various deep field locations across the Greater Upper Nile area.
The European Union Delegation, the Heads of Mission of Denmark, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, The United Kingdom and the Heads of Mission of Canada, Japan, Norway and Switzerland issue the following statement in South Sudan:
The Heads of Mission express their grave concern at the potential consequences of the passing of the non-governmental organisations bill, and the Relief and Rehabilitation Commission bill in Parliament on 2 February.
Sweden has signed an agreement with the Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) on support to private sector development in post-conflict countries. The contribution of 20 million US dollars runs over a five year period. Among the countries that is included in AECF's Post-Conflict Window is the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan and Zimbabwe.
08 July 2011
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
"In view of the worsening humanitarian situation in the Horn of Africa and in Sudan, Sweden is now allocating additional humanitarian support to the region to help people in distress," says Minister for International Development Cooperation Gunilla Carlsson.