- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
- USG for Humanitarian Affairs/ERC, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 7 Dec 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
With the world gripped by the worst humanitarian crisis of modern times, we must unite behind the power of consensus to serve those in need.
That’s the thinking behind the first ever World Solidarity Summit, held this week in Uganda, a country at the forefront of the fastest-growing refugee crisis of 2017 and home to the second-most refugees behind Turkey. The summit is bringing more than 500 dignitaries together with a goal of raising $2 billion.
by Emily Crowe | Jan 19, 2017
This story comes directly from a refugee mother we met at one of the refugee settlements we serve in Uganda. Like too many others, she and her children had fled fight in the home, South Sudan. Thank you for bringing health care to families like hers. Please pray that she and her child will find healing and safety.
Grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to Support Refugee Health Services in Uganda
PORTLAND, Ore. – (November 29, 2016) Many are calling it the world’s fastest growing refugee settlement – and Bidi Bidi is exploding on a daily basis with thousands of women and children in dire need of basic health services. Now an $850,000 grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will help Medical Teams International, a Pacific Northwest-based non-profit, boost its urgent work in northern Uganda.
In this issue
Life of Women in Nakivale, Uganda.
MTI Director of International Programs, Disaster Relief reports on the struggle thousands of women face in the Nakivale refugee camp where MTI is providing care.
Midwife Patricia is working to keep mothers safe and healthy. Learn about her and her work for Medical Teams International in Uganda in this video.
Safe Motherhood in South Sudan.
Anna Summer, MTI Africa Health Advisor reports on how community health workers are helping ensure safe motherhood.