Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: Thousands of men, women and children caught between the frontlines are unable to reach essential food, water and healthcare
- South Sudan suffering on ‘almost unimaginable scale’, warns UN relief chief
- Urgent action needed to prevent famine in South Sudan - OXFAM
- Navigating the Competing Interests of Regional Actors in South Sudan
- South Sudan: Emergency Dashboard, May 2018
KUWAIT, Nov 26 (KUNA) Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) singed Thursday a KD 3.5 million (USD 11 million) loan agreement with South Sudan's government to contribute in building a hospital for women and children in Juba.
In a press statement, the Fund said that the project will support the development of the health sector in South Sudan and will meet the increasing need for good quality health care services for women and children in the city of Juba.
KHARTOUM, Jan 30 (KUNA) -- Volunteers of Kuwait Red Crescent Society (KRSC) Friday distributed humanitarian supplies for hundreds of refugees from South Sudan who fled the conflict in their country to Southern Sudan.
Relief supplies were distributed to tens of families, whose needs were previously determined in coordination with the Sudanese Red Crescent, said Khaled Al-Mutairi, KRSC's Crises Management Coordinator.
KHARTOUM, July 9 (KUNA) -- The Republic of South Sudan marked its independence from Sudan in a proclamation of independence ceremony on Saturday, attended by African leaders and representatives of the international community.
Salva Kiir Mayardit, was sworn in as the country's president for an interim period of four years, during the ceremony held at a public square opposite the John Garang Mausoleum.