Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- South Sudan declared most violent for aid workers for third straight year
- South Sudan: Reaching the Most Vulnerable Amid Destruction and Insecurity
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Review (January - June 2018)
- The South Sudan NGO Forum strongly condemns the violent attacks against humanitarian aid agencies in Maban
- South Sudan: Physical Access Constraints Map as of 17 August 2018
This booklet provides an overview of the Alliance's impact in 2011. It also presents case studies to illustrate our work with communities and individuals and how, with support from Alliance partners, they can change their lives.
In November 2011, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the Global Fund) announced that its’ next scheduled funding round was cancelled and that no new grants could be funded until 2014.
The Alliance through its What's is Preventing Prevention? campaign is advocating to maintain appropriate levels of funding for the HIV response in South Sudan through a programme of international and policy activity.
Now that Round 4 of the Global Fund is coming to an end and the Multi Donor Trust Fund for South Sudan is unlikely to continue, the HIV response in the country is under serious threat.
As the world’s newest country celebrates on Saturday 9 July, Alliance South Sudan is taking the opportunity of being in the world’s spotlight to raise awareness of HIV and AIDS, and to advocate for access to services, particularly for HIV positive women.