Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- Accessing South Sudan: Humanitarian Aid in a Time of Crisis
- Human rights investigators rush to South Sudan’s Bentiu following spate of rapes
- South Sudan: Food insecurity situation still dire and widespread - IPC Alert, Issue 10, September 2018
- Curbing conflict-related sexual violence: UNMISS completes three-day training for South Sudan forces in Bentiu
The United Arab Emirates Mission to the United Nations in New York, in collaboration with the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), has hosted a briefing to engage Members States in evaluating the humanitarian situation and possible responses in the Horn of Africa. The meeting featured briefings by the UN’s humanitarian heads in Ethiopia, Somalia, and South Sudan.
The United Arab Emirates and the UN Refugees Agency have signed a US$4 million agreement to provide emergency relief to South Sudanese refugees in Uganda.
The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, MoFAIC, indicated that the signing of the agreement marks the culmination of the pledge made by the UAE during the "Uganda Solidarity Summit on Refugees" held in the Ugandan capital Kampala, worth US$5 million, which included US$4 million to support refugees from South Sudan in Uganda through UNHCR.