Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- The Ministry of Health of South Sudan successfully conducts its first ever diagnostic test for Ebola
- Violations and Abuses Against Civilians in Gbudue and Tambura States (Western Equatoria), April-August 2018
- One in two people face starvation in South Sudan, as extreme hunger hits more states
- Aid in Danger: Security Incident Data Analysis - East Africa (January 2017 - March 2018)
- Regional South Sudan Refugee Situation for Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda - September 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Peace and stability are key to achieving the Global Goals in the Arab States, EU-UNDP report says
First report on the partnership between the European Union (EU) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in the Arab States was released today in Brussels.
Entitled “ Empowering people and building peaceful societies”, the report showcases results of the many initiatives carried out by the EU and UNDP, impacting the lives of millions of people across the region.
The members of the Troika (Norway, the United Kingdom, and the United States) and the European Union condemn the continuing violence in South Sudan, especially the Government of South Sudan’s current offensive against SPLM-In Opposition (SPLM-IO) forces near Pagak, as well as ongoing road ambushes and attacks by the SPLM-IO.
17/07/2017 12:20 Press release 481/17
The Council adopted conclusions on addressing the risks of famine. The conclusions note that humanitarian needs have been unprecedented in 2017. They include numerous chronic food security crises, with four countries facing an alarming risk of famine: Yemen, north-east Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan, where overall about 20 million people at risk of starvation.
The nine resident EU Ambassadors in Sudan welcomed the announcement by the Government of Sudan to open one additional overland humanitarian corridor to famine-stricken South Sudan. The first UN convoy from the city of El Obeid in Sudan to Bentiu in South Sudan on March 30 is delivering lifesaving aid in a timely and cost-effective way. This adds significantly to the humanitarian corridor between Kosti and Renk, which the Governments of Sudan and South Sudan opened in 2014.
Le monde doit aujourd’hui répondre à un appel à la mobilisation sans précédent face à la situation de quatre pays menacés par la famine, et à la demande croissante d’aide humanitaire et de résilience. Dans ce contexte, il est de la plus haute importance d’informer la communauté de la sécurité alimentaire à l’échelle mondiale et nationale, quant au risque de crises alimentaires et à la sévérité de ces crises. Les parties prenantes ont largement investi dans l’analyse de la sécurité alimentaire et les systèmes d’alerte précoce afin de mieux prévenir et répondre aux crises alimentaires.