Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN human rights experts call for perpetrators of widespread human rights violations to be brought to justice in South Sudan
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 52: 23 - 29 December 2017 (Data as reported by 17:00; 29 December 2017)
- The struggle to survive South Sudan’s hunger season
- South Sudan investigates the suspected Viral Haemorrhagic Fever outbreak in Yirol East, Eastern Lakes State
- WFP South Sudan Food Security and Nutrition Monitoring Bulletin – Round 20, December 2017
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Peace and stability are key to achieving the Global Goals in the Arab States, EU-UNDP report says
First report on the partnership between the European Union (EU) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in the Arab States was released today in Brussels.
Entitled “ Empowering people and building peaceful societies”, the report showcases results of the many initiatives carried out by the EU and UNDP, impacting the lives of millions of people across the region.
Le monde doit aujourd’hui répondre à un appel à la mobilisation sans précédent face à la situation de quatre pays menacés par la famine, et à la demande croissante d’aide humanitaire et de résilience. Dans ce contexte, il est de la plus haute importance d’informer la communauté de la sécurité alimentaire à l’échelle mondiale et nationale, quant au risque de crises alimentaires et à la sévérité de ces crises. Les parties prenantes ont largement investi dans l’analyse de la sécurité alimentaire et les systèmes d’alerte précoce afin de mieux prévenir et répondre aux crises alimentaires.
I. Candidate countries and potential candidates
**Check against delivery
Thank you for the invitation that we value very much. We are here to share with you the urgent need to face the tragedies unfolding in the Mediterranean.
H.E. Ambassador Maurizio Enrico Serra Permanent Representative of Italy to the United Nations Office in Geneva delivered the European Union's Statement on human rights at the 27th session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva on 16th September 2014. The statement is as follows:
I have the honour to speak on behalf of the European Union.