Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan : Humanitarian Snapshot (September 2018)
- Recruited but not ‘child soldiers’: Returning girls in South Sudan risk being left without support
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Snapshot (September 2018)
- Women and the Future of South Sudan: Local Insights for Building Inclusive Constituencies for Peace
- River convoy reaches isolated areas in Ulang, South Sudan, saving millions of dollars on costly airdrops
“Sudan continues to be a university for learning, in terms of humanitarian issues.”
Humanitarian Voices interview with Nils Kastberg. Mr. Kastberg discusses the humanitarian priorities in Sudan, coordination issues, and the implications of the two states for the humanitarian community.
Mr. Kastberg is the former UNICEF Representative in Sudan (2009 to 2011).
Watch the interview.
The Republic of South Sudan was born on 9 July 2011 in a context of instability due to increased fighting between the Sudanese Army and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement-North rebels in the border region of South Kordofan.