Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January - December 2018
- UN considering new base on western bank of Nile to give South Sudanese refugees confidence to return
- South Sudan declares the end of its longest cholera outbreak
- Aid appeals seek over $3 billion as South Sudan set to become Africa’s largest refugee and humanitarian crisis
- South Sudan: Warring Parties Break Promises on Child Soldiers
“Sudan continues to be a university for learning, in terms of humanitarian issues.”
Humanitarian Voices interview with Nils Kastberg. Mr. Kastberg discusses the humanitarian priorities in Sudan, coordination issues, and the implications of the two states for the humanitarian community.
Mr. Kastberg is the former UNICEF Representative in Sudan (2009 to 2011).
Watch the interview.
The Republic of South Sudan was born on 9 July 2011 in a context of instability due to increased fighting between the Sudanese Army and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement-North rebels in the border region of South Kordofan.