Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- Women’s Representation Vital to Realizing South Sudan Revitalized Agreement, Peacekeeping Chief Tells Security Council
- UNICEF South Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 - 31 October 2018
- 2018 South Sudan Regional RRP: Regional Overview of South Sudan Refugee Population as of 31 October 2018
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Snapshot (October 2018)
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Snapshot (October 2018)
This briefing paper summarises the Refugee Council of Australia’s longer submission on the Refugee and Humanitarian Program for 2017-2018.
Scope of the consultation process
Australia and the world’s wealthiest nations have failed to deliver on promises to increase resettlement for the world’s neediest refugees, new figures from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) have highlighted.
With the total number of refugees reaching 21.3 million and forced displacement exceeding 65 million, just 107,000 refugees were given the chance to resettle in 2015 – equivalent to just 0.5% of the global refugee population.