Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- One year on from famine declaration, more South Sudanese are going hungry
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
This briefing paper summarises the Refugee Council of Australia’s longer submission on the Refugee and Humanitarian Program for 2017-2018.
Scope of the consultation process
Australia and the world’s wealthiest nations have failed to deliver on promises to increase resettlement for the world’s neediest refugees, new figures from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) have highlighted.
With the total number of refugees reaching 21.3 million and forced displacement exceeding 65 million, just 107,000 refugees were given the chance to resettle in 2015 – equivalent to just 0.5% of the global refugee population.