Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN SRSG for Sexual Violence in Conflict condemns use of rape as a tactic of war in South Sudan
- 3 in 4 children born in South Sudan since independence have known nothing but war – UNICEF
- UNMISS supports training for a child-free SPLA
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 6 | 16 July 2018
- South Sudan: 7 years after independence, humanitarian needs are unprecedented
Brazzaville, Republic of Congo 20th July, 2018: The Regional Inter-Ministerial Committee comprising the Minister of Foreign Affairs from the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), are to meet in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo on 21st July, 2018 to analyze political and security situation in the region and receive a report from the ICGLR National Coordinators on the proposed restructuring of the ICGLR.
The Statelessness Focal Points of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) Member States with the support of UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency have held their first regional strategic workshop on eradicating statelessness in the region. The workshop which took place in Naivasha, Kenya from 24-27th April 2018, aimed to implementing the common regional framework to end statelessness by reinforcing inclusion within each State and contribute to peace building and sustainable development in the Great Lakes Region.
Luanda, Angola 14th June, 2016: The Heads of State and Government of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), meeting in Luanda, Angola, on 14th June, 2016 at the invitation of His Excellency José Eduardo dos Santos, President of the Republic of Angola and ICGLR Chairman, to review the political and security situation in the Region.
Bujumbura, Burundi 29th April, 2016: The International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) wishes to congratulate the Government and the people of the Republic of South Sudan at this significant moment towards the formation of the Transitional Government of National Unity (TGNU) and expresses his gratitude and admiration to all parties and stakeholders who worked tirelessly to make this a reality.