Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- Former long-standing rival communities in Lakes region sign historic peace deal
- UNMISS Map 4456 Rev. 36 - January 2019
- South Sudan: Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness (EPoA) update n° 01 - DREF Operation n°MDRSS007
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Funding snapshot as of 15 January 2019
- Peacekeepers clear landmines outside Bor town
The representatives of the Guarantors of the Peace, Security and Cooperation (PSC) Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and the region held their fifth ministerial meeting in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo, on 20 July 2018. The meeting was chaired by H.E. Jean-Claude Gakosso, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cooperation and Congolese abroad, representing the Chair of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) and Chair of the Regional Oversight Mechanism of the PSC Framework. It was attended by H.E.
Brazzaville, Republic of Congo 20th July, 2018: The Regional Inter-Ministerial Committee comprising the Minister of Foreign Affairs from the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), are to meet in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo on 21st July, 2018 to analyze political and security situation in the region and receive a report from the ICGLR National Coordinators on the proposed restructuring of the ICGLR.
The Statelessness Focal Points of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) Member States with the support of UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency have held their first regional strategic workshop on eradicating statelessness in the region. The workshop which took place in Naivasha, Kenya from 24-27th April 2018, aimed to implementing the common regional framework to end statelessness by reinforcing inclusion within each State and contribute to peace building and sustainable development in the Great Lakes Region.
Luanda, Angola 14th June, 2016: The Heads of State and Government of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), meeting in Luanda, Angola, on 14th June, 2016 at the invitation of His Excellency José Eduardo dos Santos, President of the Republic of Angola and ICGLR Chairman, to review the political and security situation in the Region.
Bujumbura, Burundi 29th April, 2016: The International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) wishes to congratulate the Government and the people of the Republic of South Sudan at this significant moment towards the formation of the Transitional Government of National Unity (TGNU) and expresses his gratitude and admiration to all parties and stakeholders who worked tirelessly to make this a reality.