Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update (16 - 31 October 2018)
- “We Do Not Honour Agreements”: Dialogue and Peace Agreements in South Sudan
- South Sudan Humanitarian Fund (SSHF) Dashboard (3rd Quarter 2018)
- The Minister of Health, Honourable Dr Riek Gai Kok and his entourage visited the Ebola Treatment Unit constructed by WHO in Juba, South Sudan
- IOM South Sudan Monthly Update October 2018
ISSUES AND CONTENTS
The journal will be published online twice a year; each issue will feature 4-6 peer-reviewed articles written by researchers and practitioners in the field of EiE. The three sections of the journal are:
Education is critical in averting the loss of another generation
Since the current crisis began in December 2013:
1,188 schools in the three most affected States (Jonglei, Unity, Upper Nile) have closed.
Nearly half a million children and adolescents need education interventions due to the current crisis.
Over 9,000 children have been recruited into armed forces and groups since January 2014.
An interview with Ken Rhodes, Deputy Director for Strategy and Development FHI 360°
INEE Guidance Note on Conflict Sensitive Education offers strategies for developing and implementing conflict sensitive education programmes and policies. Building upon the INEE Minimum Standards, the Guidance Note is a useful tool for practitioners, policy-makers and researchers working in conflict-affected and fragile contexts.
The strategies and resources in the Guidance Note are meant to provoke thought rather than indicate prescriptive measures; adaptation to each unique context is necessary.