- UNICEF: Childhood under attack: The staggering impact of South Sudan’s crisis on children
- REACH: Southern Torit County Displacement and Service Access Brief: Torit County, Eastern Equatoria State, South Sudan, Nov 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMIS)
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- South Sudan: 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) January - December 2018, December 2017
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
8 August 2017 – The third cycle of the UNITAR South Sudan Fellowship Programme: Entrepreneurship and Leadership Youth Training began as 25 young South Sudanese professionals took part in the programme’s Orientation Workshop in Juba, South Sudan. The programme is a six-month capacity-building training for junior- to mid-career-level professionals that focuses on project management, leadership, and social entrepreneurship skills.
Nairobi, 27 January 2016 – With the aim to further improve accessibility to information on climate and hazard data, the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Climate Prediction & Applications Centre (ICPAC) has published a live web-map to monitor climate and associated hazards in the Greater Horn of Africa region.
22 September 2015, Juba, Republic of South Sudan – The United Nations Institute of Research and Training (UNITAR) Hiroshima Office and the Embassy of Japan in South Sudan are pleased to announce the launch of the UNITAR Project Development and Implementation Training Programme for South Sudan (hereafter “the programme”). As Africa’s newest nation, South Sudan faces a number of challenges to achieve sustainable peace and prosperity.
This map illustrates the Yida refugee camp in Pariang County of Unity State in South Sudan. Using high-resolution optical satellite imagery collected on 12 October 2012 by the WorldView-2 satellite a total of 7,824 shelters, houses, and market structures were located in the camp area. An additional 328 other structures, largely for storage and camp administration purposes, were also located. Prior to the establishment of the refugee camp at Yida a small town existed on the site which has largely been engulfed by the thousands of shelters in the area.
This map illustrates the Batil refugee camp in Maban County of Upper Nile State in South Sudan. The Batil camp was largely constructed between May and August of 2012 and is the site of recurring floods due to its proximity to nearby marshes. Using a combination of high-resolution optical satellite imagery a total of 6,957 shelters were detected as of 5 August 2012. In addition 204 non-shelter structures were detected, including a likely market area and camp support facilities.
This map illustrates the Doro refugee camp in Maban County of Upper Nile State in South Sudan, the site of recurring floods due to its proximity to nearby marshes. Using a combination of high-resolution optical satellite imagery a total of 8,125 shelters and 264 non-shelter structures were detected as of 22 August 2012. The camp does not appear to have significantly changed between the 22nd August and 4 of October 2012 however what appears to be seasonal water has appeared to the south of the camp near the airport. This analysis has not yet been validated in the field.
26 July 2011, Geneva, Switzerland - UNOSAT concluded in June 2011 its technical support and analysis collaboration with the Satellite Sentinel Project launched by actor George Clooney together with the NGO Enough and with support from Harvard University. The participation of UNOSAT had been programmed for the first six months to support the pilot phase of a public-domain human security initiative to help monitor the possible humanitarian consequences of a disruption of peace and human security in South Sudan during the period leading to the referendums.