Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January - December 2018
- UN considering new base on western bank of Nile to give South Sudanese refugees confidence to return
- South Sudan declares the end of its longest cholera outbreak
- South Sudan: Warring Parties Break Promises on Child Soldiers
- Aid appeals seek over $3 billion as South Sudan set to become Africa’s largest refugee and humanitarian crisis
ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL
2017 SESSION, 49TH & 50TH MEETINGS (AM & PM)
The Economic and Social Council adopted seven resolutions and one decision on issues ranging from Haiti’s long-term development, to the economic and social repercussions of the Israeli occupation, and support for Non-Self-Governing Territories, as it launched the third round of its 2017 Coordination and Management Meetings today.
1. Following the independence of South Sudan on 9 July 2011, the Economic and Social Council, through its resolution 2011/43, expressed interest in working with partners in addressing the extensive humanitarian, peacebuilding and development challenges facing the country. The present report is the sixth on South Sudan submitted to the Council since the country’s independence.
Following the independence of South Sudan on 9 July 2011, the Economic and Social Council, through its resolution 2011/43, expressed interest in working with partners in addressing the extensive humanitarian, peacebuilding and development challenges facing the country. The present report is the fifth on South Sudan submitted to the Council since the country’s independence.
Session de 2015, 52e et 53e séances - matin et après-midi
L’ECOSOC tiendra une session extraordinaire sur le problèmemondial de la drogue du 19 au 21 avril 2016, au Siège de l’ONU à New York
2015 Session, 52nd & 53rd Meeting (AM & PM)
52nd & 53rd Meetings (AM & PM)
ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL
The Economic and Social Council, in one of five texts adopted today, called on the Haitian Government to fully operationalize the External Aid Coordination Framework and its mechanisms in keeping with the road map adopted in 2014.
Economic and Social Council
2012 Substantive Session
42nd & 43rd Meetings (AM & PM)
Reviewing 2011 Istanbul Action Plan, Council also Discusses Haiti, South Sudan;
Adopts Texts on Coherence in Tobacco Control; Science, Technology for Development
Economic and Social Council 2012 Organizational Session 1st Meeting (PM)
Miloš Koterec of Slovakia Elected President for New Session; Says Sustainable Development, Post-2015 Development Architecture Critical Themes for Year Ahead
Note by the Secretary-General
27 February-23 March 2012
Agenda item 2
Annual report of the United Nations High
Commissioner for Human Rights and reports of the
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for
Human Rights and the Secretary-General
Council Suspends 2011 Substantive Session
The Economic and Social Council this morning took action on texts concerning support for South Sudan, the special consultative status of the non-governmental organization Movement against Atrocities and Repression, the dates for the nineteenth United Nations Regional Cartographic Conference, the report of the Permanent Forum for Indigenous Issues and organizational matters.
The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) this morning held a panel discussion on the role of the United Nations and the international community in supporting the capacity of the Government of South Sudan to manage the transition from relief to development.