Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: Thousands of men, women and children caught between the frontlines are unable to reach essential food, water and healthcare
- South Sudanese peace talks in Ethiopia extended in the hope warring parties can reach agreement
- South Sudan suffering on ‘almost unimaginable scale’, warns UN relief chief
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 5 | 23 May 2018
- Urgent action needed to prevent famine in South Sudan - OXFAM
Uganda’s economic woes do not seem like they are about to end if the ongoing drought in some parts of the country continues
By Mark Keith Muhumuza
The relief items that are being sold by the refugees in local markets include among others carpets, blankets, farm tools, mosquito nets, water containers, solar-power lamps.
By FELIX WAROM OKELLO & ROBERT ELEMA
YUMBE- Several markets in West Nile are flooded with relief items that have being sold by South Sudan refugees to market vendors who resell them.
The relief items were distributed by relief agencies like the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR).