Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- Accessing South Sudan: Humanitarian Aid in a Time of Crisis
- Human rights investigators rush to South Sudan’s Bentiu following spate of rapes
- South Sudan: Food insecurity situation still dire and widespread - IPC Alert, Issue 10, September 2018
- Curbing conflict-related sexual violence: UNMISS completes three-day training for South Sudan forces in Bentiu
Amref Health Africa organised a surgical and mobile outreach mission this week to Turkana County in Northern Kenya. The mission was funded by Amref’s office in the USA and organised in partnership with the UN Refugee Agency UNHCR, and the County Government of Turkana.
To reduce water, sanitation and hygiene related diseases among South Sudan refugees in Adjumani district, Amref Health Africa in Uganda has constructed 11 latrines, 10 communal bath shelters, drilled 11 boreholes, provided 50 sets of sanitation kits including latrine digging tools to empower refugees build more sanitation facilities on their own and provided 16 hand-washing facilities near latrines to promote hand washing
Amref Health Africa South Sudan believes that the Outreach Programme can greatly help to address the backlog of surgical cases in state hospitals, as many patients cannot afford to access private medical services available in Juba or out of the country.
The latest Amref Health Africa clinical and surgical outreach mission provided in Warrap State handled 270 cases, including 151 operations. The number has more than doubled from the last outreach mission, which was conducted barely three months ago, underlining the need for increased frequency of the service.
Amref Health Africa, with support from the Core Group-funded Polio Eradication Project in South Sudan and the Ministry of Health Central Equatorial State, held a cross-border collaborative meeting to discuss eradicating polio. The cross-border meeting took, place in Kaya County and was attended by representatives from neighbouring districts of Koboko and Arua in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda respectively.
Juba, 26th April 2014