- UNICEF: Childhood under attack: The staggering impact of South Sudan’s crisis on children
- REACH: Southern Torit County Displacement and Service Access Brief: Torit County, Eastern Equatoria State, South Sudan, Nov 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMIS)
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) January - December 2018, December 2017
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
8135TH MEETING (PM)
Presidential Statement Endorses Intergovernmental Authority’s High-Level Revitalization Forum on Peace Accord
After extending the mandate of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) until 15 March 2018, the Security Council today endorsed a new initiative to revitalize the stalled peace plan for the strife-torn country.
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8127E SÉANCE – MATIN
Sacrifiant à la tradition du mois de décembre, le Conseil de sécurité a entendu, ce matin, les six présidents sortants de neuf de ses organes subsidiaires, créés pour l’assister sur l’application de sanctions et autres questions spécifiques. Ces derniers ont avancé des propositions destinées à accroître l’efficacité de leur comité ou groupe de travail, notamment au travers d’un dialogue plus étroit avec les États Membres et les différentes parties prenantes et d’un appui plus soutenu aux groupes d’experts associés.
8127TH MEETING (AM)
Members of the Security Council were briefed this morning by the Chairs of various subsidiary bodies, who reported on the Committees’ activities on such matters as counter‑terrorism efforts and the sanctions regimes in a range of countries from the Democratic Republic of the Congo to Yemen.
8125th Meeting (AM)
Nearly five years after parties signed the cooperation framework for the Great Lakes region, the Security Council reiterated today its call for States to abide by the commitment to non‑interference in the internal affairs of neighbours and the prohibition against abetting armed groups or war criminals.
8124TH MEETING (AM)
Half the Population Will Need Food by 2018 Says Emergency Relief Coordinator
The precarious security situation in South Sudan was a matter of grave concern, the Under-Secretary General for Peacekeeping Operations told the Security Council today, urging it to use all means necessary to demand a change of course from leaders and parties to the conflict.
8115TH MEETING (AM)
Despite assurances from the Government of South Sudan, violence and governmental restrictions continued to prevent peacekeepers and humanitarian workers from fulfilling their respective mandates to protect civilians and deliver aid to those badly in need of it, the Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations told the Security Council today.
The members of the Panel of Experts on South Sudan, whose mandate was extended pursuant to Security Council resolution 2353 (2017), have the honour to transmit herewith the Panel’s interim report, which was submitted in accordance with paragraph 2 of resolution 2353 (2017), by which the provisions of paragraph 12 (e) of resolution 2290 (2016) were renewed.
The report was provided to the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 2206 (2015) on 27 October 2017.
8101ST MEETING (AM)
The Security Council decided this morning to extend until 15 April 2018 the mandate of the United Nations Interim Force for Abyei (UNISFA), and to limit support for the disputed territory’s border monitoring mechanism to a further five months, while awaiting implementation of measures agreed by Sudan and South Sudan.
2 NOVEMBRE 2017
De retour du Bangladesh, où il a été témoin, à la frontière avec le Myanmar, de « l’exode de réfugiés le plus rapide depuis les mouvements massifs de population du milieu des années 90 », le Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés, M. Filippo Grandi, en a, ce matin, appelé au leadership du Conseil de sécurité pour mettre fin à une crise mondiale qui n’a de cesse de s’aggraver.
8083RD MEETING (AM)
Security Council Members Call for Adequate Funding, Greater Capacity for Agency
The number of forcibly displaced people around the world was now approaching 66 million, and that sharp rise reflected the weakness of international cooperation in responding to the crisis, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees told the Security Council today.
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8082E SÉANCE – MATIN
8082ND MEETING (AM)
The Security Council today reiterated its strong condemnation of the recruitment and use of children by parties to armed conflict, as well as their killing and maiming, rape and other forms of sexual violence.
26 OCTOBER 2017
8078TH MEETING (PM)
Sudan Reaffirms Commitment to Cooperation with UNISFA, as South Sudan Reiterates Continuing Engagement with Neighbour
Briefing the Security Council on the situation between Sudan and South Sudan today, a senior peacekeeping official recommended that it extend the mandate of the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA) for another six months.
On 6 October 2017, members of the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 2206 (2015) concerning South Sudan were briefed by the Coordinator of the Panel of Experts on South Sudan in connection with the Panel’s 120-day report (document S/2017/789).
8071ST Meeting (AM)
Permanent Representative Reaffirms Government’s Commitment to Revitalization Forum, Full Implementation of Peace Agreement
With regional forces being deployed in South Sudan to strengthen civilian protection, that country’s leaders still bore direct responsibility to end the bloodshed through efforts to reinvigorate the political process, the United Nations peacekeeping chief stressed to the Security Council today.
12 OCTOBER 2017
Following are UN Secretary-General António Guterres’ remarks to the Security Council briefing on countries at risk of famine, in New York today:
Nine months ago, some 20 million people were at severe risk of famine in South Sudan, Somalia, Yemen and north-east Nigeria. About 100,000 people in South Sudan were on the verge of starvation.