- Gov't of the Republic of South Sudan.WHO: Cholera Situation and Response Updates, 8 Dec 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMIS)
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
BEIJING, March 17 (Xinhua) -- A group of 60 teachers from South Sudan started a training program in Beijing Friday under the China-South Sudan education cooperation project.
The teachers are mainly from primary and middle schools, and will be taught by specialists from UNESCO and Beijing Normal University. The program includes classroom teaching, discussions and leadership capabilities.
The education cooperation project's main sponsor is the Chinese Ministry of Commerce.
JUBA, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- China and South Sudan have agreed to boost cooperation in the health sector by enhancing knowledge sharing, capacity building, and hospital to hospital collaboration.
The deal which was sealed in Juba on Friday will also allow Chinese health specialists to set up experimental operations and management units in the East African nation.
by Daniel Majack
JUBA, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- A China-built secondary school in South Sudan's capital Juba has helped kept the aspirations of students despite the uneasy environment in the war-torn nation.
The China Friendship School, which was constructed in 2013 by a Chinese company, currently accommodates over 2,000 students.
Solomon Michael Abas, a 17-year-old Form Three student, said he feels encouraged by the good learning facilities he enjoys at the school.
JUBA, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- China has pledged 10 million U.S. dollars aid to help South Sudan respond to humanitarian needs.
Chinese Ambassador to South Sudan Ma Qiang told Xinhua late Saturday the funds will be used to purchase food and non-food items in an effort to immediately rescue lives of thousands in dire humanitarian condition.
Ma said people of South Sudan are at critical humanitarian assistance aggravated by the recent fighting that has forced nearly 1 million people to flee their country to seek refuge in the neighboring countries.