Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN SRSG for Sexual Violence in Conflict condemns use of rape as a tactic of war in South Sudan
- 3 in 4 children born in South Sudan since independence have known nothing but war – UNICEF
- UNMISS supports training for a child-free SPLA
- South Sudan: 7 years after independence, humanitarian needs are unprecedented
- Impact of Conflict on Adolescent Girls in South Sudan
BEIJING, March 17 (Xinhua) -- A group of 60 teachers from South Sudan started a training program in Beijing Friday under the China-South Sudan education cooperation project.
The teachers are mainly from primary and middle schools, and will be taught by specialists from UNESCO and Beijing Normal University. The program includes classroom teaching, discussions and leadership capabilities.
The education cooperation project's main sponsor is the Chinese Ministry of Commerce.
JUBA, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- China and South Sudan have agreed to boost cooperation in the health sector by enhancing knowledge sharing, capacity building, and hospital to hospital collaboration.
The deal which was sealed in Juba on Friday will also allow Chinese health specialists to set up experimental operations and management units in the East African nation.
by Daniel Majack
JUBA, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- A China-built secondary school in South Sudan's capital Juba has helped kept the aspirations of students despite the uneasy environment in the war-torn nation.
The China Friendship School, which was constructed in 2013 by a Chinese company, currently accommodates over 2,000 students.
Solomon Michael Abas, a 17-year-old Form Three student, said he feels encouraged by the good learning facilities he enjoys at the school.
JUBA, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- China has pledged 10 million U.S. dollars aid to help South Sudan respond to humanitarian needs.
Chinese Ambassador to South Sudan Ma Qiang told Xinhua late Saturday the funds will be used to purchase food and non-food items in an effort to immediately rescue lives of thousands in dire humanitarian condition.
Ma said people of South Sudan are at critical humanitarian assistance aggravated by the recent fighting that has forced nearly 1 million people to flee their country to seek refuge in the neighboring countries.