Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- One year on from famine declaration, more South Sudanese are going hungry
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
By Karen DeYoung,
President Obama has ordered a sharp increase in U.S. Special Operations forces deployed to Uganda and sent U.S. military aircraft there for the first time in the ongoing effort to hunt down warlord Joseph Kony across a broad swath of central Africa.
Read the full article
The world is experiencing its worst refugee crisis in nearly 20 years, according to a new U.N. report. Most of the growth is among internally displaced people, or IDPs, who face many of the same problems as refugees who flee their country for another, without the benefit of an international sanctuary.
Read the full story on the Washington Post.