- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
- USG for Humanitarian Affairs/ERC, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 7 Dec 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
The IGAD Assembly of Heads of State and Government held the 31 st Extra-Ordinary Summit on 12 th June 2017, in Addis Ababa, under the chairmanship of H.E. Hailemariam Desalegn, Prime Minister of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and Chairperson of the IGAD Assembly of Heads of State and Government, to discuss current situation in the Republic of South Sudan and IGAD institutional matters.
03-04-2017, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Members of the National Tuberculosis and HIV Programs from the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Member States together with UNHCR, ARAA and Kenya Red Cross Society are meeting from April 3-4, 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to consult on improving TB and HIV diagnosis, treatment and health information and supply management services in refugee settings within the IGAD region.
31ST MARCH 2017, NAIROBI - KENYA
New global report on food crises offers benchmark for action needed to avoid disasters
BRUSSELS - Despite international efforts to address food insecurity, around 108 million people in the world were severely food insecure in 2016, a dramatic increase compared with 80 million in 2015, according to a new global report on food crises released in Brussels today.
Le monde doit aujourd’hui répondre à un appel à la mobilisation sans précédent face à la situation de quatre pays menacés par la famine, et à la demande croissante d’aide humanitaire et de résilience. Dans ce contexte, il est de la plus haute importance d’informer la communauté de la sécurité alimentaire à l’échelle mondiale et nationale, quant au risque de crises alimentaires et à la sévérité de ces crises. Les parties prenantes ont largement investi dans l’analyse de la sécurité alimentaire et les systèmes d’alerte précoce afin de mieux prévenir et répondre aux crises alimentaires.
The European Union, FAO and WFP have joined forces with FEWS NET, UNICEF and regional organisations like CILSS, IGAD and SICA to coordinate needs assessment to increase the impact of humanitarian and resilience responses through the preparation of the “Global Report on Food Crises”. This Global Report aims to enhance coordination and decision making through a neutral analysis that informs programming and implementation.
25TH MARCH 2017, NAIROBI - KENYA
The IGAD Assembly of Heads of State and Government held its 30th Extra-Ordinary Summit on 25th March 2017 in Nairobi, Kenya, under the chairmanship of H.E. Hailemariam Desalegn, Prime Minister of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the Chairperson of the IGAD Assembly, to deliberate on current situation in the Republic of South Sudan.
NAIROBI - The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Interpeace to work together on peace initiatives in Eastern Africa and the Horn of Africa.
A Consultative Meeting of IGAD Council of Ministers was held on 17 March 20017 at the African Union Headquarters. The meeting was chaired by H.E. Dr. Workneh Gebeyehu, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and Chairperson of the IGAD Council of Ministers.
The African Union (AU), the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), and the United Nations (UN) held a joint consultative meeting on South Sudan on January 29, 2017 on the margins of the African Union 28th Ordinary Summit of the Heads of State and Government in Addis Ababa.
Welcome to our up-to-date IGAD-ICPAC live map for the Greater Horn of Africa. This web map displays seasonal climate outlooks, satellite-based rainfall estimation and anomalies, flood hazards, flood forecast, changes in vegetation condition, UNOSAT observed satellite imagery derived flood extents and photos from collaborating partners and volunteers. The platform is a result from collaboration between IGAD, ICPAC and UNITAR-UNOSAT working together to improve disaster risk reduction in the Horn of Africa. This activity is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
9 December 2016, JUBA — The Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Regional Initiative for Capacity Enhancement in South Sudan, commonly referred to as the “IGAD Regional Initiative” finalized yesterday a series of workshops aimed at reviewing the progress, strengths, opportunities, and challenges of mentoring South Sudanese civil servants, which responds to sections of the Agreement Peace Agreement that emphasize the rehabilitation and reformation of South Sudan’s civil service.
The Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the IGAD Plus held its Second Extra-Ordinary Summit meeting on 5th August 2016 in Addis Ababa,
Ethiopia and deliberated on the prevailing situation in the Republic of South Sudan.
The IGAD Assembly of Heads of State and Government consulted with their colleagues representing the five regions of Africa referred to as the IGAD Plus on 16th July 2016 in Kigali, Rwanda and deliberated on the prevailing situation in South Sudan.
10-07-2016, Djibouti: It is with deep sadness that the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) learnt of the eruption of fresh violence in Juba, South Sudan, on July 08 during which forces allied to the different factions of the unity government engaged in deadly armed battles.
IGAD condemns in the strongest terms possible these violent acts which have once again placed the long suffering people of South Sudan in unspeakable harm`s way.
29-04-2016, Nairobi: The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) this morning held the 4th Drought Disaster Resilience and Sustainability Initiative (IDDRSI) General Assembly in Nairobi. The official opening ceremony was presided over by Hon. Mwangi Kiunjiru, Cabinet Secretary-Ministry of Devolution and Planning of Kenya, in the presence of Hon. Egziabher Yohannes, State Minister of Livestock and Fisheries of Ethiopia, and HE Amb. (Eng.) Mahboub Maalim, Executive Secretary of IGAD.
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) this morning inaugurated the Sixth Steering Committee Meeting of their Drought Disaster Resilience and Sustainability Initiative (IDDRSI) in Nairobi. This will be followed by the meeting of the IDDRSI Ministerial General Assembly which will be held on 29th April 2016.
(Nairobi, 23 December 2015): The El Nino global climatic event has since May been the major driver of new humanitarian needs in the Horn of Africa region. Enhanced rainfall continues in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda, and persistent drought has been reported in parts of Eritrea, Ethiopia, South Sudan, northern Uganda and in the north-western and north-eastern parts of Somalia.
Background: The IGAD Monitoring & Verification Mechanism (MVM) was set up in February 2014 to monitor implementation of the COHA by the two Parties to the Agreement, the Government of the Republic of South Sudan (GRSS) and the SPLM/A In Opposition, as well as any armed groups under their control or invited to support them. The MVM has 6 Monitoring and Verification Teams (MVTs) deployed to the states of Jonglei, Upper Nile and Unity, where hostilities have occurred.