Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Ten aid workers missing in South Sudan
- South Sudan, Uganda, and Kenya strengthen implementation of cross-border disease surveillance and outbreak response in East Africa
- Escalation of fighting in South Sudan puts thousands of civilians at risk and compromises peace process
- South Sudan: Aid Workers Freed, Humanitarian Deaths Reach 100 Since December 2013
- South Sudan: UN humanitarian chief urges parties to cease hostilities, protect civilians and aid workers
International Alert’s new report, Trading with neighbours, examines the realities of trade relations between business communities in Uganda and South Sudan*.
This paper uses Alert’s peacebuilding framework to explore questions about peace and peacebuilding in South Sudan and Sudan.
Important underlying factors of conflict remain unaddressed within both countries, and the paper makes three broad recommendations to those in South Sudan and Sudan who are concerned to build a more comprehensive and more stable peace, and to those in the international community wishing to support their efforts.