Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan, Uganda, and Kenya strengthen implementation of cross-border disease surveillance and outbreak response in East Africa
- South Sudan: Aid Workers Freed, Humanitarian Deaths Reach 100 Since December 2013
- South Sudan: UN humanitarian chief urges parties to cease hostilities, protect civilians and aid workers
- For third time this year, hundreds of children released by armed groups in South Sudan - UNICEF
- Displacement in East Africa: Which factors are driving returns of South Sudan refugees from Uganda and Kenya?
There will be more South Sudanese competing at the Rio Games in the Olympics refugee team than for the African state that will be taking part for the first time.
Five South Sudanese runners who make up half of the refugee Olympic Team arrived in Rio on Friday. For the likes of James Nyang Chiengjiek the troubles of home have cast a shadow over the tough preparations for the Games which start August 5.
South Sudan is allowed to send three runners who will take part with special invitations.
By Cecilia Okoth
KAMPALA - The ministry of health has enough stock of vaccines to cater for South Sudan child refugees who have since last week fled their country due to political instability.
Dr. Henry Luzze, who is the deputy manager of Uganda National Expanded Program on Immunisation, said the immunisation program at the ministry is prepared for all eventualities including migrating populations.