Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- 'Anything that was breathing was killed': War crimes in Leer and Mayendit
- Secretary-General calls revitalized agreement to resolve conflict in South Sudan ‘a positive and significant development’
- Breakthrough as humanitarian convoy reaches insecure areas in Wau, South Sudan
- South Sudan: Without peace deal, scorched-earth tactics and civilian suffering will continue
- Commission on Human Rights Urges South Sudan to make peace and justice a reality
Geneva, 5 October 2011 – The International Telecommunication Union is proud to announce that the world’s newest country, South Sudan, has joined ITU to become the Union's 193rd Member State, effective from 3 October 2011.
The country, which gained its independence on 9 July, 2011 has already been allocated the international dialling code +211 by ITU, following the country’s recognition by the UN General Assembly. The dialling code became active on 28 September.
Geneva, 14 July, 2011 - ITU is pleased to announce that the world’s newest nation, the Republic of South Sudan, has today been assigned the international dialling code 211, following the country’s formal recognition as a UN Member State.