Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan declared most violent for aid workers for third straight year
- Regional South Sudan Refugee Situation for Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda - August 2018
- More children released from South Sudanese armed groups - UNICEF
- The South Sudan NGO Forum strongly condemns the violent attacks against humanitarian aid agencies in Maban
- UNMISS Bangladeshi peacekeepers teach women how to make dresses to impress
Geneva, 5 October 2011 – The International Telecommunication Union is proud to announce that the world’s newest country, South Sudan, has joined ITU to become the Union's 193rd Member State, effective from 3 October 2011.
The country, which gained its independence on 9 July, 2011 has already been allocated the international dialling code +211 by ITU, following the country’s recognition by the UN General Assembly. The dialling code became active on 28 September.
Geneva, 14 July, 2011 - ITU is pleased to announce that the world’s newest nation, the Republic of South Sudan, has today been assigned the international dialling code 211, following the country’s formal recognition as a UN Member State.