- Gov't of the Republic of South Sudan.WHO: Cholera Situation and Response Updates, 8 Dec 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
Khartoum, Feb.6 (SUNA)-A leading member of parliament, from the White Nile state, has commended the president decision on reopening of border crossing points with South Sudan, allowing for movement of people and goods.
Nur Eddaim Ahmd al tayyeb, member of the state's Council legislatures and a leader within the Umma Leadership Group Party, said the decision will have positive economic impact on both the Sudan and South Sudan.
Khartoum, Jan.11(SUNA)-Minister of Welfare and Social Security, Mashaer Al-Dawalab, accompanied by State Minister for Defence, Gen. Yahya Mohammed Khair, State Minister for Welfare, Ibrahim Adam Ibrahim, Secretary-General of Zakat Chamber, Mohammed Abdul-Raziq, and Commissioner of Humanitarian Aid, Mohammed Adam, launched a support convoy containing food, clothes and shelters dispatched to people who returned from State of South Sudan to White Nile State.
Khartoum, Jan. 10 (SUNA) - Sudan and South Sudan State have agreed on extending the period set for delivering humanitarian aid through the UN Development Program (UNDP) to South Sudan to another six months, which is to begin on January 10.
A statement issued by the Commission for Humanitarian Aid stated that the agreement comes in the context of Sudan contribution to the stability in South Sudan by providing aid and facilities to the affected people in Sudan and the comers to Sudan through the joint Border States.
Khartoum, Jan.6(SUNA)-Minister of Welfare and Social Security, Masher Al-Dawalab has got acquainted with humanitarian and social situations of the South Sudanese refugees who entered into the White Nile State fleeing the conflict in the South Sudan State.
Khartoum, 18 August (SUNA) - The Technical committee set to monitor the cholera situation and to take measure on its entering the country listened to reports on measures undertaken to prevent the disease from entering the country from South Sudan.
The meeting held at the ministry of health reviewed the measures taken at the crossing points and borders areas to control any leakage of cases into the country and on measures to be taken by the various states to the same effect.
Singa, July.22 (SUNA) - Minister of Health of Sinnar state, DR. Mohammed Abdulgader Al-Mamoun has announced that his ministry has taken the necessary measure to prevent the spread of cholera , in the state from the State of South Sudan, by establishing quarantine in Daly and Al-Mazmoum locality which neighboring South Sudan.
The Minister stressed that all the newcomers from the State of South Sudan will undergo medical check ups before entering the state to avoid the spread of the disease in the state.
Khartoum, 21 (SUNA)- The Governor of Khartoum State, lt Gen Abdul Rahim Mohamed Hussein, has declared that his state has prepared a two phase plan with the aim of totally eradicating the drinking water shortage in Khartoum state.
He said the first phase will last until April next year while the second and longer term phase continues for two years.
Khartoum, Dec.11 (SUNA) - The Vice-President of the Republic, Hassabo Mohammed Abdul Rahman presided over, Thursday, at the Council of Ministers, the meeting concerning the stream lining the situations of the citizens of the State of South Sudan, resident in the country, with he participation of Khartoum and the White Nile states in addition to the other concerned circles .
Ghadarif, May 26 (SUNA) - Deputy Wali (governor) of Gedarif State, Kamil Haroun, received Monday a delegation of the African Development Bank for the Horn of Africa Project for Combat of Desertification and Drought, in the presence of the Finance Minister of the state.
Heglig, April 22 (SUNA) - The Ministry of Oil and the operating companies have begun reparation of the oil facilities at Heglig area which were destroyed and damaged by the forces of South Sudan State in their aggression on Heglig area.
January 20, 2012 (PIBOR) - Thousand of women from Murle in Pibor County receiving food rations from the UN’s World Food Program after ethnic violence in the area complain that food there is not enough to food to support them.
Ongoing cattle raids and counter attacks between the Murle of Pibor County and the Nuer ethnic group from other areas of Jonglei state, escalated dramatically in late December when 8,000 armed Nuer men attacked Pibor.
January 20, 2012 (JUBA) - The United Nations (UN) has expressed serious concerns over the plight of more than 120,000 people, mainly women and children believed to have been displaced by ethnic violence in South Sudan’s largest state of Jonglei.
Lise Grande, the UN humanitarian coordinator for South Sudan on Friday described the situation as “very serious” saying those affected by the cycle of violence in the region urgently require humanitarian assistance.
“I can tell you the violence in Jonglei hasn’t yet stopped,” she said.
January 20, 2012 (KHARTOUM) – The Sudanese government has reaffirmed its rejection at any attempt to deliver aid in South Kordofan and Blue Nile states outside the purview of its authority.
Khartoum refuses to allow foreign aid groups into the two states on the borders with South Sudan, where its army has been fighting rebels of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement North (SPLM-N) since last year.
Khartoum, Dec. 11 (SUNA) - The Secretary General of the National Council for Child Welfare, Ustaza Gammar Habbani, announced that the time set for handing over the southern detached children to the government of South Sudan was extended from Dec. 30 to June 30, 2012.
She told SUNA, Sunday that the Council visited the Republic of South Sudan last week and met the official concerned in South Sudan to discuss the situation of the children and the efforts exerted so far by the council to hand them over to the southern government in accordance with the international standards .