Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January - December 2018
- UN considering new base on western bank of Nile to give South Sudanese refugees confidence to return
- South Sudan declares the end of its longest cholera outbreak
- Aid appeals seek over $3 billion as South Sudan set to become Africa’s largest refugee and humanitarian crisis
- South Sudan: Warring Parties Break Promises on Child Soldiers
Some Results of Swedish Development Cooperation 2016
In Uganda, the work for children’s rights resulted in the adoption of a national policy against violence in schools. It is now used in 560 schools in 28 districts.
In South Sudan, Sida’s support contributed to over 25 000 childbirths being assisted by trained staff.
Swedish humanitarian aid provided protection and support to people affected by natural disasters or conflicts in 56 countries and regions.
by Rob Grace
DARA, in cooperation with Indevelop and GRM International, carried out a study on value for money in the humanitarian sector for the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and one of its long-standing partners in contexts strained by armed conflicts, the International Committee …