- Gov't of the Republic of South Sudan.WHO: Cholera Situation and Response Updates, 8 Dec 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
RUBKONA OVERVIEW AND DISPLACEMENT DYNAMICS
Rubkona County is an administrative division of Northern Liech State and formerly part of Unity State in South Sudan. It borders Guit County to the east, Southern Kordofan State (Sudan) to the north, Abiemnhom County to the northwest, Mayom County to the west and Koch County to the south.
ABYEI OVERVIEW AND DISPLACEMENT DYNAMICS
The Abyei Administrative Area (AAA) is a territory of 10,546 km2 bordering Sudan and South Sudan and disputed by the two countries. While the 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreement mandated a referendum to determine Abyei’s permanent status, the vote has yet to be held due to disputes over who qualities to vote and composition of the Abyei Referendum Commission.
Violent clashes erupted on Friday 8 July between security forces around the presidential palace in central Juba and continued with varying degrees of intensity throughout the weekend. Heavy casualties were reported; numbers remain unclear but are feared to be in the hundreds. It is estimated that tens of thousands of civilians fled the city. Some sought safe haven in the South Sudan Red Cross (SSRC) compound, churches and other institutions.
By Marial Mayom Riak, South Sudan Red Cross
South Sudan is currently battling a cholera outbreak that has led to 34 deaths. South Sudan Red Cross volunteers are working hard to take cholera prevention messages house-to-house and refer patients suffering diarrhoea symptoms to treatment centres.
Juba / Nairobi/ Geneva (ICRC/IFRC/SSRC) 14th December – It has been one year since the world’s newest nation plunged into crisis. Millions of people have been affected and remain in serious need of basic help and services in order to survive and cope with emergencies. With clashes continuing in several places, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is working hard to respond to the needs of people in the country’s 10 states.
JUBA, South Sudan, 30 th May 2012 – In response to the current movement of returnees from Sudan to South Sudan, the South Sudan Red Cross is conducting an emergency needs assessment to scale up the delivery of assistance to the most vulnerable returnees and host communities in three states.