- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #194, 15 September 2017
- IOM South Sudan Humanitarian Update 78 (15 September 2017)
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Brazzaville, 10 October 2014 - The World Health Organization (WHO) and partner organizations meeting in Brazzaville have agreed on a range of core actions to support countries unaffected by Ebola in strengthening their preparedness in the event of an outbreak.
Building on national and international existing preparedness efforts, a set of tools is being developed to help any country to intensify and accelerate their readiness.
Torrential rains impacted coastal Cote D’Ivoire during the past week.
An increase in rain was observed across dry areas in northwestern Ethiopia and southeastern Sudan
1) Heavy and above-average rains since May have oversaturated the grounds of southern Mali and lead to rainfall surpluses greater than 200% of normal in some locations. With heavy rain forecast during the next outlook period, the risk for new flooding across the region will be increased.
6789th Meeting (AM)
Generals from Missions in Africa, Haiti, Middle East Address Range Of Issues, Including Civilian Protection, Training Standards, Clarity of Mandates
The 18th ordinary summit of the Assembly of the African Union has just concluded. This historical summit took the unprecedented decision of putting the AU Commission for the first time under a care-taker leadership until another election is held at the next summit. The February issue of the PSC Report offers a review of the summit with brief reflections on the election for the position of the Chairperson of the AU Commission.
To see this news alert with links to sources, click here
Côte d’Ivoire: IDPs face eviction from camps
Each week the Global Logistics Cluster Support Cell (GLCSC) provides an operational update of the activities of Logistics Clusters/Sectors in the field, together with the details of the latest publications on the Logistics Cluster website. The GLCSC is housed in the Logistics Division of the UN World Food Programme, the Global Logistics Cluster Lead. It is comprised of a diverse, multi-skilled group of logisticians drawn from ACF, Care International, WFP, WVI, and MSB (formerly SRSA).
Policy & Practice Brief: Knowledge for durable peace - Issue #10, July 2011
By Dr Martha Mutisi