Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan, Uganda, and Kenya strengthen implementation of cross-border disease surveillance and outbreak response in East Africa
- South Sudan: Aid Workers Freed, Humanitarian Deaths Reach 100 Since December 2013
- South Sudan: UN humanitarian chief urges parties to cease hostilities, protect civilians and aid workers
- For third time this year, hundreds of children released by armed groups in South Sudan - UNICEF
- Displacement in East Africa: Which factors are driving returns of South Sudan refugees from Uganda and Kenya?
Chile - Volcanic eruption
• Calbuco volcano erupted on 22 April, with volcanic ash reaching a height greater than 15 km, pyroclastic flow within a range of 7 km and lahars travelling 15 km through riverbeds. As of early morning on 24 April, gas emission from the erupted crater continue.
• As of 24 April, the aviation colour code over the volcano remains Red. The 20 km restriction zone around the crater remains in effect, while a total of 4,514 evacuees have been recorded and 12 shelters have been opened in the surrounding communes.