Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN SRSG for Sexual Violence in Conflict condemns use of rape as a tactic of war in South Sudan
- 3 in 4 children born in South Sudan since independence have known nothing but war – UNICEF
- UNMISS supports training for a child-free SPLA
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 6 | 16 July 2018
- South Sudan: 7 years after independence, humanitarian needs are unprecedented
The UK is to bolster a key French counter-terrorism operation in Africa by deploying three RAF Chinook helicopters to Mali.
The Prime Minister is expected to make the announcement as part of the UK-France Summit at The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, where she will discuss the UK’s strong and wide-ranging bilateral relationship with President Macron.
The helicopters, which will provide logistic support to French troops, are part of a wider effort to increase stability in the Sahel region of Africa in order to tackle Islamist terrorism.
This national action plan is the UK government’s 5-year strategy for how we will meet our Women, Peace and Security commitments under United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 to reduce the impact of conflict on women and girls and to promote their inclusion in conflict resolution. It is part of wider efforts to ensure that the UK’s foreign policy consciously and consistently delivers for women and girls.
David Curran and Paul D. Williams
26 May 2016
UK International Development Secretary, Andrew Mitchell, has welcomed a historic agreement with countries including China on improving aid effectiveness.
Andrew Mitchell was in Beijing on Tuesday for discussions with the Chinese government, as part of ongoing work to cement a new development partnership between the two countries.