Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: Thousands of men, women and children caught between the frontlines are unable to reach essential food, water and healthcare
- South Sudanese peace talks in Ethiopia extended in the hope warring parties can reach agreement
- South Sudan suffering on ‘almost unimaginable scale’, warns UN relief chief
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 5 | 23 May 2018
- Urgent action needed to prevent famine in South Sudan - OXFAM
Israeli Army kills 58 Palestinian protestors on Gaza border
On Monday, 14 May, at least 58 Palestinians were killed and 2,700 wounded by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) during mass demonstrations along the border between Gaza and Israel. While the majority of protesters participated peacefully, some threw rocks at the IDF and flew flaming kites into Israeli territory. Israeli troops, including snipers, responded to the protests with live ammunition, rubber bullets and tear gas. At least six children and a healthcare worker were among those shot and killed.
7231st Meeting (PM)
Although the Security Council should be commended for overcoming divisions and adopting important measures in the face of several grave international crises, it remained clear that Council members were once again unable or unwilling to use their influence to find sustainable political solutions, the representative of Rwanda, Council President, told the 15-member body today.
Sixty-seventh General Assembly
59th Meeting (AM)
In other Action, adds South Sudan to Least Developed Countries List, Reaffirms Support for Kimberley Process, Welcomes Cooperation with la Francophonie
ASSEMBLY OF THE UNION
Eighteenth Ordinary Session
29 – 30 January 2012
Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
The special feature of this issue of Humanitarian Exchange focuses on humanitarian action in the Middle East.
Sixty-sixth General Assembly
19th, 20th & 21st Meetings (AM, PM & Night)
Peace Can Only Come through Negotiations, Responds Israel’s Prime Minister, Offering ‘Straightforward Discussion’
Declaring “this is the moment of truth, our people are waiting to hear the answer of the world,” Mahmoud Abbas, President of the Palestinian Authority, presented an application for United Nations membership before a packed hall today as the General Assembly continued its general debate.