Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- One year on from famine declaration, more South Sudanese are going hungry
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
30 May 2012
Foreign Minister Bob Carr today announced a new $25 million contribution to the World Food Programme (WFP) during the first official visit to Australia by its Executive Director, Ms Ertharin Cousin.
Minister Carr said the money would address pressing needs in the Sahel, South Sudan and Pakistan.
"I am pleased we are able to announce an extra $10 million for the escalating food crisis in the Sahel and $5 million for WFP operations in South Sudan."