Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- South Sudan: UK aid agencies warn that peace will only hold if the voices of all South Sudanese are heard
- 'Anything that was breathing was killed': War crimes in Leer and Mayendit
- South Sudan: Physical Access Constraints Map as of 21 September 2018
- Secretary-General calls revitalized agreement to resolve conflict in South Sudan ‘a positive and significant development’
- Atrocity Alert No. 123, 19 September 2018: South Sudan, Burundi and Myanmar (Burma)
30 May 2012
Foreign Minister Bob Carr today announced a new $25 million contribution to the World Food Programme (WFP) during the first official visit to Australia by its Executive Director, Ms Ertharin Cousin.
Minister Carr said the money would address pressing needs in the Sahel, South Sudan and Pakistan.
"I am pleased we are able to announce an extra $10 million for the escalating food crisis in the Sahel and $5 million for WFP operations in South Sudan."