Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2019
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Snapshot (December 2018)
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Snapshot (December 2018)
- Former long-standing rival communities in Lakes region sign historic peace deal
- IOM South Sudan Monthly Update - December 2018
- Support children to attend school in the Mangaten domestic refugee camp (Distribution of school goods in an elementary school)
At least 100 houses collapsed in Tahoua after heavy rainfalls hit the city on 15 July. There is little information available on needs although damages are said to be extensive. In 2018, at least 170,000 people are expected to be affected by floods during the rainy season, usually ranging from June to October.
Similar heavy rains are also affecting the bordering state of Katsina in Nigeria, where at least 44 people were killed, 20 people have been reported missing and 500 houses have been damaged in the city of Jibia.
This weekly bulletin focuses on selected public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African region. WHO AFRO is currently monitoring 41 events: two Grade 3, six Grade 2, two Grade 1, and 31 ungraded events.
This week, one new event has been reported: an outbreak of hepatitis E in Niger.
Ce bulletin d’information humanitaire, produit par le bureau régional OCHA pour l’Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre, couvre la période du 1er au 30 Novembre 2011. Le prochain Bulletin, qui sera largement consacré aux CAP dans la région, sera publié vers le 15 janvier 2012 et sera daté de « janvier 2012 ».
Production céréalière de 55,4 millions pour les pays du Sahel et de l’Afrique de l’Ouest
Alerte Sahel: forte dégradation de la situation alimentaire attendue début 2012