Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 52: 23 - 29 December 2017 (Data as reported by 17:00; 29 December 2017)
- Statement by UNICEF Executive Director Henrietta H. Fore following two-day visit to conflict-ravaged South Sudan
- South Sudan investigates the suspected Viral Haemorrhagic Fever outbreak in Yirol East, Eastern Lakes State
- The struggle to survive South Sudan’s hunger season
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 51: 16 - 22 December 2017 (Data as reported by 17:00; 22 December 2017)
30 May 2012
Foreign Minister Bob Carr today announced a new $25 million contribution to the World Food Programme (WFP) during the first official visit to Australia by its Executive Director, Ms Ertharin Cousin.
Minister Carr said the money would address pressing needs in the Sahel, South Sudan and Pakistan.
"I am pleased we are able to announce an extra $10 million for the escalating food crisis in the Sahel and $5 million for WFP operations in South Sudan."