Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN SRSG for Sexual Violence in Conflict condemns use of rape as a tactic of war in South Sudan
- 3 in 4 children born in South Sudan since independence have known nothing but war – UNICEF
- UNMISS supports training for a child-free SPLA
- South Sudan: 7 years after independence, humanitarian needs are unprecedented
- Impact of Conflict on Adolescent Girls in South Sudan
30 May 2012
Foreign Minister Bob Carr today announced a new $25 million contribution to the World Food Programme (WFP) during the first official visit to Australia by its Executive Director, Ms Ertharin Cousin.
Minister Carr said the money would address pressing needs in the Sahel, South Sudan and Pakistan.
"I am pleased we are able to announce an extra $10 million for the escalating food crisis in the Sahel and $5 million for WFP operations in South Sudan."