Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- Accessing South Sudan: Humanitarian Aid in a Time of Crisis
- Human rights investigators rush to South Sudan’s Bentiu following spate of rapes
- South Sudan: Food insecurity situation still dire and widespread - IPC Alert, Issue 10, September 2018
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update (16-30 November 2018)
OUTLOOK FOR AUGUST - MARCH 2017
As of 11 August, there was an approximate 55–60% chance of La Niña conditions developing during the last quarter of 2016 and first quarter of 2017. It is forecasted to be weak and short-lived.
Niger - Conflict
• Over the last two to three days, active combats between Boko Haram insurgents and a mix of patrols from Niger and Chadian forces took place in Diffa. Although no report is currently available, significant causalities are reported among the civilian population. On 9 February, the Parliament of Niger gave a green light for the deployment of additional troops in the Diffa area.
Summary: 9 April 2014, Brussels - A new programme worth €33 million to improve land governance and help improve the food and nutrition security of family farmers and vulnerable communities in Sub Saharan Africa, was announced today by Development Commissioner, Andris Piebalgs. This will be done, among other things, through the application, at country level, of some Voluntary Guidelines set up by the international community in 2012 to improve land governance.