Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- South Sudan: UK aid agencies warn that peace will only hold if the voices of all South Sudanese are heard
- 'Anything that was breathing was killed': War crimes in Leer and Mayendit
- Secretary-General calls revitalized agreement to resolve conflict in South Sudan ‘a positive and significant development’
- A historic peace in Pibor, South Sudan, inspired youth to reconcile their differences
- Breakthrough as humanitarian convoy reaches insecure areas in Wau, South Sudan
Following consultations with the Executive Board of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the Secretary‑General is announcing the appointment of Henrietta H. Fore of the United States as the Fund’s new Executive Director.
Despite the fragile situation in southern Lebanon, both sides were respecting resolution 1701 (2006) — which calls for a full cessation of hostilities between Hizbullah and Israel — the Commander of United Nations troops in the area said at a Headquarters press conference today.
“Calm is prevailing,” said Major General Paolo Serra, Commander of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), which is mandated to monitor the cessation of hostilities, assist the Government and Armed Forces of Lebanon and support the local population.