Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN SRSG for Sexual Violence in Conflict condemns use of rape as a tactic of war in South Sudan
- 3 in 4 children born in South Sudan since independence have known nothing but war – UNICEF
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 6 | 16 July 2018
- UNMISS supports training for a child-free SPLA
- South Sudan: 7 years after independence, humanitarian needs are unprecedented
July 2018 marks the one-year anniversary of Trócaire's emergency appeal in response to the crisis in East Africa. Trócaire has been able to respond to the crisis providing water, food and funds to 75,000 people.
July 2018 marks the one-year anniversary of Trócaire's emergency appeal in response to the crisis in East Africa.
This appeal responded to the threat of famine in Somalia, South Sudan, Kenya and Ethiopia. A combination of drought and conflict left almost 25 million people facing severe food shortages.
• In March 2018, approximately 2.55 million people were food insecure1 , down from 3.4 million as from August 2017. The record-high March to May rains resulted in significant improvement of food security and nutrition status in the second quarter of 2018. Massive flooding across 40 out of 47 counties, affected 800,000 people and displaced 291,171 (approximately 47% children) and 186 killed by mid-May 2018
• A total of 114,543 acutely malnourished children were admitted for treatment from 1 January to 31 May 2018 with UNICEF support.