Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- Women’s Representation Vital to Realizing South Sudan Revitalized Agreement, Peacekeeping Chief Tells Security Council
- UNICEF South Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 - 31 October 2018
- 2018 South Sudan Regional RRP: Regional Overview of South Sudan Refugee Population as of 31 October 2018
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Snapshot (October 2018)
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Snapshot (October 2018)
by Dan Stewart
“We could see and hear the fighting outside,” Majek*, a 77-year-old grandfather in South Sudan tells me. “Men were firing machine guns in the street. Bullets flew through the windows into our building. We lay under the beds to hide.” He was celebrating a family wedding when the violence erupted in Juba (the capital of South Sudan).
Separated from his children in the chaos
By BAN Ki-moon
Today in the Central African Republic, government and community leaders are struggling to help the country find the path of peace.
On Monday in Kigali, I will join the people of Rwanda in commemorating the 20th anniversary of the genocide, the reverberations of which are still being felt across an arc of uncertainty in Africa’s Great Lakes region -- and in the collective conscience of the international community.