Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN SRSG for Sexual Violence in Conflict condemns use of rape as a tactic of war in South Sudan
- 3 in 4 children born in South Sudan since independence have known nothing but war – UNICEF
- UNMISS supports training for a child-free SPLA
- South Sudan: 7 years after independence, humanitarian needs are unprecedented
- Two Years After Crisis Erupts, Over 31,500 People Remain Displaced in Wau, South Sudan
KENYA, SOMALIA, ETHIOPIA, SOUTH SUDAN, UGANDA REGIONAL WASH GROUP FEBRUARY 2017
Mexico – Severe Weather
• After landfall, Tropical Cyclone BORIS has been reduced to a low pressure area which may interact with a second low pressure system that formed in the Gulf of Mexico. As a result, heavy rainfall is expected to continue affecting the southern states of Mexico. (GDACS, NASA, NOAA, CONAGUA, Media)
Somalia – Crisis
Despite a slight increase in rainfall across many anomalously dry parts of eastern Kenya in November, seasonal moisture deficits are expected to negatively impact the region.
Drier conditions expected during the next week across East Africa, following anomalously heavy rainfall in mid-November.
- The passage of a weak tropical disturbance is expected to produce heavy amounts of rainfall over northern Somalia.
- Poor October rainfall across parts of central and eastern Kenya, as well as, southern Somalia lead to strengthening moisture deficits in the region.
1) The development of a tropical disturbance in the northwestern Indian Ocean is expected to move west and bring significantly heavy amounts of rainfall across the Gulf of Aden and Somalia.
Localized heavy rain showers were observed across central Somalia.